Thursday, December 02, 2010


I am often called upon to do Christmas covers throughout the year. This one was done in  sunny Florida, but I have a large reservoir of snow knowledge to call on from living in the North! This cover for the book, Somewhere Along The Way by Jodi Thomas, started with a photograph by Jim Begley, He's a talented photographer from Kentucky, who allowed me to use the picture he took of the local Mayor's house in Corbin KY.  I changed a lot about the setting and of course, translated it in my own way. I may use it as a Christmas card, if I ever get around to writing any! Many thanks to Jim for his lovely house picture.
Please leave your comments!


Veronica Bennet said...

Merry Christmas ... best wishes to heart.
Sorry if I have not written more but I'm working hard. Talk to you soon.

Linnae said...

Hi James

I love your holiday illustration...the setting looks so inviting. I hope 2011 is off to a great start for you and yours.

James Griffin said...

Thanks, Linnae! I guess in winter we want to find a cozy house with a warm fire and lots of goodies to eat with hot coffee. Everyone has their version of the fantasy. I am actually spending winter in the North, so am experiencing the reality of the season: Iced windshields, cold coming in from the windows and days of weak sun. But there are moments when it feels cozy like this, too.Are you in a cold climate?